Technical Positioning of Zorvec™ on Potatoes
Zorvec™ disease control provides an unmatched combination of consistency and longer-lasting control of potato late blight that can be used every season to help achieve better crop yields, even under challenging conditions. Zorvec™ is the first member of a novel class of fungicides to control diseases caused by oomycete pathogens. It can provide efficient protection to crops from the initial stages, helping you yield healthier, more uniform potato crops for better business.
The application of Zorvec™ is most effective and therefore highly recommended between 20 to 50 days after emergence of the crop. The recommended application is a block of 3 sprays with 10-day intervals.
Zorvec™ is a systemic fungicide. It provides optimal protection to young and emerging leaves. Another noticeable benefit of Zorvec™ is the quick rainfastness that provides growers with more flexibility even under unfavourable weather conditions.
The following recommendations will help growers to manage the risk of resistance development:
- Zorvec™ will always be used in mixtures with other active ingredients
- Before and after the application block of Zorvec products with different modes of action should be applied.
- The use of Zorvec™ in one season shall not exceed 33% of the total number of fungicide application targeting late blight or a total of 4 applications per crop, whichever is lower.
- Other fungicide products which have different modes of action can be used in alternation with Zorvec™. In such cases, the number of consecutive application of Zorvec™ should not exceed 3.
- When disease pressure is heavy, the spray interval can be reduced to 7 days.
Thanks to the unique features of Zorvec™, growers can achieve higher yields and better marketability.
Zorvec™ disease control (oxathiapiprolin) is not registered for sale or use in all countries. No offer for sale, sale, or use of this product is permitted prior to issuance of the required country level registrations.