Corteva Agriscience™ (“Corteva” “we,” or “us”) is concerned about your privacy. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information. Together with the Corteva Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy, this Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes our practices in connection with information that we collect:
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Services.”
By providing Personal Information to Corteva, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
If you apply for a job through the Career Center on the Websites, our use of the Personal Information you provide through the Career Center is governed by the Corteva Applicant Privacy Notice.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, such as:
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
o publicly available databases and other third-party sources publicly available databases and other third-party sources
o joint marketing partners and service providers (including social media platforms), when they share the information with us
- If you connect your social media account to your Services account, you will share certain Personal Information from your social media account with us, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may be or you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your Services account.
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion.
- When you participate in a blog or forum.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes.
- Providing the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- Responding to your inquiries and fulfilling your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote or other information about our Services.
- Completing your transactions and providing you with related customer service.
- Sending administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- Allowing you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so.
- Processing your application for credit.
- Sending you marketing-related communications (such as by email, text message, WhatsApp message, in-App notice and on social media platforms) with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- Facilitating social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Analyzing or predicting our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- Better understanding you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- Better understanding your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
- Data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services.
- Audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- Fraud and security monitoring, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- Developing new products and services.
- Enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services.
- Identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
- Determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- Operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We disclose Personal Information:
You can consult the list and location of entities in our group of companies here.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate business interest to do so:
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is important.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual.
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Statement.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information, object to the processing of Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us here or Customer Information Center, 9330 Zionsville Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46268.
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, and whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by clicking here. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here[ EU Commission’s adequacy list online]. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission and binding corporate rules to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by submitting a request here.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
The “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Privacy Statement indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Services. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us using our Privacy Request form, or:
9330 Zionsville Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Because communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your communications to us.
You may also: